GET BETTER AT EXERCISE PRESCRIPTION
Join Ben for a 3 hour workshop that looks to demystify the world of exercise & movement for PAINFUL problems
This is NOT about sets & reps but instead the PERSON with a painful problem & how moving can help
This will be explored from an evidence based perspective as well as the individual to help us tackle the problem at the clinical level
ITS TIME TO LOOK AT MOVING FROM ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE!
The traditional perspective of exercise in rehab has focused on the PHYSICAL aspects but we are learning that these don't relate well to pain. So what other things might be important? If we can't be guided by the research then what can we be guided by?
- To clarify the real world, messy & complex world of exercise & pain
- Provide a basic clinical reasoning framework for exercise prescription for pain & pain related problems
- Appreciate why people don't start or cannot stop exercise/movement & how we can help
- Exercise & pain, whats the relationship?
- Clinical reasoning- What effect do you want from exercise/movement?
- Movement? Activity? Exercise? Whats right for my patient?
- How much? When? How/? What? Formulating a plan
- Establishing baselines and dosages
- Motivation, goals, values and adherence
Key texts and PDF of slides will be provided after the course